Charles Industries was founded in 1968 and is a manufacturing and technology company headquartered in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. Privately held and consisting of five manufacturing centers, Charles Industries sells quality products, services, and innovative solutions to telecommunications, utility, government, marine, and industrial markets worldwide.
“We spent more time making the decisions about what platform and consultants we were going to use than it ultimately took to implement Salesforce.”
Dan McHatton, Director of Customer Support Services
- Required a system that could scale to support Charles Industries’ growth, including the ability to add functionality over time
- Wanted systems that would work on smartphones and tablets as employees were starting to use smartphones and tablets more than laptops
- Desired a platform where anyone could log in–at any time, on any device–in order to log calls and emails
- Needed to ensure information and other reports and forecasts could be accessed quickly and easily across the organization
- Implemented Salesforce with the help of Luxent after considering Salesforce, Sugar, and Microsoft Dynamics
- Enabled visibility, accountability, collaboration, reporting, and tracking between departments
- Increased quality and relevance of information: logging calls and sales activities, managing opportunities and forecasting, etc.
- Offered more flexibility for sales reps, full visibility into activity and history, and increased transparency
- Improved collaboration across departments with Chatter, the social media tool within Salesforce, by connecting sales, case management teams, support, and executives
- Delivered greater ease of access both for inputting and accessing information, from sales to tech support, thanks to mobility of Salesforce and the Salesforce1 application
- Provided a platform that makes it easier and quicker to enter and access data, along with being supported by a company with staying power
“Sometimes when you work with consultants it’s like taking a cab ride in another country: you know where you want to go, but you have no idea how you’re going to get there, and the meter is running the whole time. But I never got that feeling working with Luxent. Our only regret is that we didn’t do it sooner.“