Wish you could see your company’s logo or company colors on the Saleseforce1 Mobile App? Now you can!
Spring ’14 introduced branding for the Salesforce1 mobile app. It took me 2 minutes to update Luxent Technology Solution’s Salesforce1 mobile app to Luxent green and change the publisher act (+) icon to Luxent’s iQ (Configure, Price, Quote solution) robot.
Here are the answers to some questions you may have about branding the application.
What can be branded with Salesforce1?
- Brand Color – user interface
- Loading Page Color – background color of loading page
- Loading Page Logo – image that is used on the landing page
- Publisher Icon – image used for the publisher icon
What can’t be branded on Salesforce1?
- Salesforce1 app icon
- Initial loading screen
Can I create a complete custom branding for Salesforce1?
- Unfortunately no; Salesforce1 is closed-source therefore you cannot modify and recompile it.
- That said, you do have the option to build a hybrid/native app from Salesforce. Luxent is currently in the process of scoping this type of project for a customer.
What else is new in Spring ’14 for Salesforce1?
- The app is now compatible with all Windows and Blackberry mobile browsers
- You now have the ability to view up to 200 list views (vs. only 4 previously)
If you’re new to Salesforce1 and want to learn more about its capabilities and how to set it up, check out the introduction to Salesforce1 video.